As members of our ever growing family...There's 60 something of us now....it is our wish to keep up with one another through this fantastic technological item we call a "blog"....As Polatis family members and descendants of Joe and Colleen, we contribute and all are "authors"....

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blessings on You from Grandpa and Grandma Polatis (the oldest lovebirds)

Joe, Grandpa, dad:
An update....Dr. Nimer added a new pill to my medicine list to keep me from rusting from the inside out.  I hope the pace maker is stainless steel.  My heart is out of rythym again.  I am returning to the doctor on tax day to see how much my heart has to be taxed.  ha ha.    I say it's a good thing Obamacare isn't paying for it because it cost 30 thousand dollars so far.  The next thing you will hear will be that they pulled the plug on Grandpa.  Haha  I started my new year of "Joe's Lawncare" adding fertilizer and water, mowing the grass and raking leaves.

Colleen, grandma, mom: 
William Tindall, whom Elder Christopherson talked about in the Gen Conf Sat pm session, is our relative.   He is on my side.  You can learn more about Tindall in the Bible.  Go to the Bible dictionary under "Bible".  They changed their last name to Tinsdall when they came to America.



After my mother died...my grandmother named me after my mother...."Juanita"  I always went by my second name, "Colleen".  Then 3 months ago I received a letter from the bank telling me I needed to use my first name.  First when I went to the bank, they changed my name to Juanita C. on two savings accounts and my checking account.  Three days later they changed all accounts to Juanita Colleen.  I had a checking account under "Colleen" since I was twenty years old.  It was not fun going back and forth so I rebelled. It was even in the hands of the big bosses deciding what name I should go by.  I lost a lot of sleep.  Three days later they changed my checking account back to "Colleen".  That's it...no Juanita C. or anything...just "Colleen".  This reminded me of my Grandmother (Katie Caroline) saying, "It will all come out in the wash" and this experience did, too.


Your grandmother Polatis (Effie Polatis) would always sing this song, "Dearest Children, God is near you watching o'er you day and night"  and when she would come to visit she would leave you saying "Blessings on You".

No comments:

Post a Comment